September 28th, 2015. Ben Lloyd
Pure Commercial Finance’s Guide to MIPIM UK
If you’re planning on attending the UK’s largest exhibition for property professionals then it can pay to go in prepared. This is a great forum for builders, buyers and investors to meet, discuss their projects and even come up with more opportunities to do business. With over 2,000 companies, 50+ panels of experts, 4,500 participants and 600 investors, there is lots that you can gain from attending this event.
Here’s everything you need to know:
Where is it?
MIPIM is being held at Olympia London, taking up the ground floor of the venue with stalls and stands. Being on one floor makes it much easier for you to take everything in without getting lost between floors or having to go to another building.
When is it?
This event is being held between 21st and 23rd October 2015.
How much does it cost?
There are several different ticket options which vary in price. If you purchase a ticket in advance you can save on the full price. Current prices stand at:
• Regular ticket – £610 for Database Plus, £495 for Basic Show
• Public Authorities – £410 for Database Plus, £295 for Basic Show
• Students/ Under 25 Years – £150 Basic Show only
Buying tickets in advance online will guarantee your space and ensure that you receive all the information you need about the event.
There are over 160 different speakers at MIPIM UK, talking on a wide range of categories from new technology in real estate, to commercial and residential investments, and the keynote being delivered by the Right Honourable Lord Maude of Horsham – Minister of State Trade and Investment.
Other notable speakers at the event include:
• Gary Yardley – MD and Chief Investment Officer of Capital & Counties
• Pete Gladwell – Head of Public Sector Partnerships at Legal & General Property
• Beth West – Commercial Director of HS2
• Stephen Howelett – Chief Executive of Peabody
• Cllr Ravi Govinda – Leader of Wandsworth Council
• Finch Paul – Editorial Director at the Architect’s Journal & Architecture Review
• Plus many more!
With plenty of speakers and over 55 conferences to attend, you’re sure to find new, innovative approaches to the industry that could completely transform the way you operate. Many of these conferences are highly tailored to niches within the industry, giving you the best advice, guidance and news for your individual needs.
There are many benefits to attending MIPIM UK, with different perks for various roles. Here are just a few things you can expect to gain from this event:
• Find new projects to invest in
• Meet potential co-investors
• Evaluate market conditions Developers
• Showcase your projects to a huge scope of buyers
• Identify and meet potential partners
Cities & Local Authorities
• Promote your city to a huge audience
• Improve urban development strategy
• Connect with future partners
Something that everyone can get from this event is the opportunity to promote your company’s projects or services and get a wealth of insights from industry trends. In addition to this, MIPIM offers a first class opportunity for networking, extending your company’s reach and finding potential partners.
Are you attending MIPIM this year? Let us know how you get on and what the highlights are for you.
Article By Ben Lloyd
September 28th, 2015
Ben is the Director and Co-Founder of the Pure Group and Managing Director of Pure Property Finance.
Following a career in Barclays, where Ben was in the real estate finance team for 8 years, he decided that the market needed a more forward-thinking type of commercial brokerage so founded Pure Commercial Finance (now Pure Property Finance), the first company within the Pure Group.
Ben has extensive experience across the real estate sector and has participated in over £2bn of real estate transactions during the course of his career.
Ben oversees the general strategy at Pure Group and works with the senior leadership team to drive the Group forward. Ben is also on the Executive Committee of FIBA.See more articles by Ben