June 27th, 2014.
Your Complete Guide to Property Auction Sites
When it comes to buying property, there is nowhere better to snap up and excellent deal than by visiting a property auction. But where are the best places to go to find what you’re looking for? We’ve gathered together a list of Britain’s best property auction houses so that you can find your dream property with as little hassle as possible.
25 of Britain’s Best Property Auction Sites
1. Allsop – One of Britain’s leading auction houses covering most of the UK and selling everything from fixer-uppers to landlord portfolios.
2. All Wales Auction – action house that covers all of Wales with auctions being held every 9 weeks and comprising mainly of residential properties.
3. Auction House – mainly properties in London, Eastern and Northern England and mainly residential although there are some commercial investment properties.
4. Barnard Marcus – one of the largest residential commercial property auctions in the UK, although all auctions are held in London.
5. Bartnett Ross – specialists in Commercial property across the UK and residential property specifically in London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire.
6. Brendons Aucioneers – focusing mainly on Welsh London and the surrounding area, Brendons is mainly affordable flats and small houses.
7. Brown and Co – if you’re looking for rural property in East Anglia and the Midland then this really is your one-stop shop for everything you need.
8. Countrywide – as the name suggests, this is a far reaching auction house with properties from the south of England up to Scotland. Most properties in the auction are residential although some commercial investments do arise.
9. Fox and Sons – selling both residential and commercial property throughout Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall, Isle of Wight and Sussex.
10. Griffiths and Charles – selling a large selection of residential properties in Worcester.
11. Hunters – specialising in both commercial and residential property in York and the surrounding county of Yorkshire.
12. Loveitts Auctions – is an auction house that covers Coventry and Warwickshire, dealing mainly with residential properties.
13. Maggs Allen – auctioning off a wide range of property and land in the South-West of England, including both commercial and residential lots.
14. Martin and Pole – one of the oldest auction houses in the UK, established in 1846, Martin and Pole sell houses in the areas of Reading and Wokingham.
15. Michael Poole – sells mainly residential homes in the Newcastle area.
16. Pearsons Auctions – this auction house covers Southampton and the New Forest area selling everything from woodland area to commercial investments and residential properties.
17. Penny Cuick – Birmingham based auction house selling residential and commercial properties as well as land and building plots.
18. Roger Hannah Auctions – sell a wide range of commercial property from their auction house in Manchester.
19. Savills – primary focus is on high end residential and commercial properties with all auctions taking place in either central London or Nottingham.
20. Seel and Co – specialise in selling cheap residential properties across South Wales an ideal place to snap up buy-to-let investments.
21. Sharpes – Bradford’s leading property actioners has a good range of residential property available in Bradford and the closely surrounding area.
22. Shobrook & Co – hold property auctions every three or four months and specialise in selling tenanted homes and part-vacant investment properties.
23. Strettons – has a catchment area of London and the South East, covering Stratford, Essex and Herts and sells mainly residential property.
24. Symonds & Sampson – covering all aspects of property from residential to commercial and including rural farms and land.
25. Wilsons Auctions – auction residential and small commercial properties from the Midlands, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Now that you know where you can buy property from, make sure you’ve sorted out you purchasing plans so that you can buy hassle free. Talk to our friendly bridging finance brokers today for more advice about buying at auction and figuring out what’s the best finance options for your needs.