Make purchasing your first property that little bit easier with the Help-to-Buy mortgage scheme and a loan secured by Pure Property Finance.
Request a Callback
How Does the Help-to-Buy Scheme Work?
Making a purchase using a Help-to-Buy mortgage is split into three components:
- Deposit – You will be required to contribute a deposit of 5% of the property price or more. This is significantly less than the standard deposit contribution.
- Shared equity loan – The government will provide a shared equity loan of up to 20% of the property purchase price (40% in London). You must pay back the loan after 25 years or when you sell your home – whichever comes first. The amount you pay back depends on how much your home is worth (the market value).
- Mortgage – The remaining 75% (55% in London) of the purchase price will be covered by a residential mortgage.
For example, if you fell in love with a dream property that cost £200,000, you would need to save for a £10,000 deposit, plus additional solicitors fees and stamp duty. A shared equity loan from the government would provide £40,000 and a mortgage would cover the remaining £150,000.
Please note: These details are specific to Help to Buy Wales. Options may differ elsewhere in the UK.
- Approved Help-to-Buy brokerage
- Access to all Help-to-Buy lenders
- Access to adverse credit lenders available
- New build purchases from as little as 5% deposit
First Time Buyer Mortgages
Deciding it’s time to purchase your first home is a big decision. But becoming a homeowner doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing; choosing Pure Property Finance can make the process of finding a first-time mortgage quick and simple.